Wednesday, August 7, 2013

What's new PussyCAT

  Friday's post will cover the results of the CAT scan I had today. Yes, I know they don't call it CAT anymore. It's just CT, but if I gotta have a big scary test, I'm going to have some fun while being poked and prodded!
  They make you drink this weird barium crap that tastes of vanilla soy milk and toothpaste without mint. I had to do four doses every 20 minutes. Two people mentioned the word "vomit" while I was there. I almost did at the suggestion. I wanted to scream SHUT THE FUCK UP! I just forced myself to think happy thoughts.
  My kitty ears and shirt made a few people chuckle. The best part is it helped ME! Still getting all the strange comments coming out of the woodwork. Mostly on Facebook. Here's what I want form you all: kindness and funny memes. Tell me your favorite really funny show or comedian. Tell me a funny story. I KNOW you're sorry, I KNOW I'm strong. Never mind those things for a while. Laughing is good for both our health. Do that.
  Okay, so the scanner is this really big donut with a place for you to lay on in the middle. They run one scan with just the drink contrast, then they run an IV through you for an additional contrast. That feels warm, like your whole body drank hot tea. I noticed it especially on my ears.
  My scan was of my chest, abdomen and pelvis so the guy running the machine had me raise my hands. He didn't tell me his name or his title, he could be a radiology tech or a radiologist, I have no idea. I feel kind of strange about that. I suppose there were diplomas on the wall. I could have looked closer at them, but I didn't.
  So I went into the machine hands raised the mechanical voice goes "breath in and hold" while the machine whirrs and clicks for a couple of seconds and then it tells you to exhale. It kind of spits you out like you're atop a giant tongue. There's a count down on top so you know how long you have till you can let out your breath.
  The actual scan took hardly any time at all. About five minutes and I was on my way upstairs to get the biopsy stitches out.
  Though there were only three stitches, it hurt a little. My immune system apparently works a tad too well. The skin knitted nicely around the threads. She got them out and bandaged me up and on my way.
  Murry reminded me, the tests are just for information. I like knowing stuff so that kept me mostly calm. I see the surgeon tomrrow afternoon.
  Oh, and have I mentioned yet.. FUCK CANCER!

I'll let you know what's up Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment